It is unfortunate that in he state of Wyoming, alcohol abuse has become a major problem. The Wyoming Association of Sheriffs and Chiefs of Police collected alcohol-related crime data on the 18,670 people arrested in the last year; a whopping 77 percent of those were arrested due to crimes committed under the influence. While Wyoming boasts one of the lowest crime rates in America, the rate could be much lower if people got the help they needed to overcome alcoholism. These statistics do not mention the ways in which alcohol affects an addict’s family. Those who are in close contact with someone who abuses alcohol often struggles through the relationship and incurs emotional distress. If you or a loved one is struggling with alcoholism, please know that there are numerous professional resources here in Wyoming to help you overcome.
Inpatient Alcohol Treatment Centers in Wyoming: What to Expect
There are many inpatient alcohol treatment and recovery centers throughout the state offering residential programs lasting anywhere from 30-90 days, and sometimes longer, depending on each patient’s individual needs. While these recovery stays can be expensive, many insurance companies are willing to help because the impact on the patient, his family, and society in general is such an important one. Be sure to discuss your options with your insurance company; public funding sources may be available and can also lessen costs.
- Getting Started—Some people check themselves into an alcohol treatment program, but sometimes concerned family or friends stage an intervention. When a patient first enters a center, doctors there perform a complete physical and mental checkup to assess the patient’s starting point and recovery needs.
- Withdrawal—The first few days after the last drink can be fraught with anxiety, mood swings, and fatigue. Being under constant medical supervision and support during this time truly helps the patient go through this essential, yet difficult step more comfortably.
- Therapy—After a patient comes through the withdrawal process, he or she can then start the road to healing with both individual and group therapy. Individual therapy helps the patient work through difficult and painful issues surrounding the addiction with a professional therapist in privacy. Group therapy, however, is incredibly helpful as patients can discuss common problems with those in the same boat, building camaraderie and beginning to establish a personal support network with others who have the same goals of staying sober. There is strength in numbers! In most centers, a patient will have a roommate during this phase of his or her stay.
- Scheduling—Most inpatient alcohol treatment centers in Wyoming run according to a set schedule to help establish a stable, secure, comfortable environment for patients to count on during this new phase of adjusting to sobriety. Individual and group therapy sessions, meals, rest, recreation and medications are planned for the best results.
- Reentry into Society—Most centers will establish a routine of follow-up therapy sessions and support numbers to have on hand as patients reenter society so they can remain sober.
Choices in Wyoming Inpatient Alcohol Treatment Centers
The following are just a few of the inpatient alcohol recovery centers in Wyoming.
- Cedar Mountain Center—Located in Cody, WY, this inpatient facility is close to the breathtaking Yellowstone National Park and is managed by West Park Hospital. They accept insurance and the withdrawal process is medically supervised, with stays lasting as long as necessary for recovery.
- Youth Emergency Services (Yes House)—With separate boys’ and girls’ cottages, YES House focuses on providing inpatient addiction recovery and mental health services for adolescents in the Gillette, WY area.
- Wyoming Recovery—Centrally located in Casper, WY, they offer six different levels of addiction recovery support including an intensive, medically-supervised inpatient program.
Get Help Now
If you or a loved one needs help overcoming alcohol addiction, contact AlcoholTreatment.net. We can help you find the Wyoming in patient alcohol treatment recovery center best suited to your needs.