Alcohol Treatment Recovery Centers That Accept Medical Mutual Insurance

Find Rehab Now

Alcohol Treatment Recovery Centers That Accept Medical Mutual Insurance

Medical Mutual Works With You to Battle Alcohol Addiction

For all the emphasis that’s put on drinking responsibly, drinking problems are currently on the rise in the United States. A recent study by The National Institute of Health found that more than 15 percent of Americans considered themselves to be “problem drinkers” and nearly 30 percent reported experiencing symptoms indicative of an Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD) at some point in their lifetime. If you feel you may fit into that percentage, there is hope. Recovery from alcohol addiction is possible with proper treatment.

Medical Mutual, which is also known as Medical Mutual of Ohio despite the fact that they offer coverage plans in several states, is committed to helping its members recover from their addictions. In doing so, they offer a wide variety of treatment options.

Ready To Make A Change?

Get cost-effective, quality addiction care that truly works.

Start Your Recovery

What Type of Alcohol Addiction Treatment Is Covered by Medical Mutual?

Recovery from severe alcohol addiction often has two stages: detoxification to initially rid the body of the addictive substance and subsequent treatment to help the individual resist the urge to use again. Since Medical Mutual believes that a fresh start is important to overcoming addiction, detoxification coverage is common.

Beyond detoxification, Medical Mutual works with a select pool of alcohol and drug inpatient treatment centers, offers a larger variety of outpatient daily and weekly therapy programs, and offers affordable co-pays on prescription drugs related to addiction treatment.

Though Medical Mutual strives to provide its consumers with the best coverage possible, they do set strict limits on the length of time they will cover treatment – measured in number of days for inpatient care or number of sessions for outpatient therapies – and the maximum amount of money that they will allocate per person for treatment. With that in mind, it is imperative to make the most of your time during your treatment.

How Can I Find Out What Services My Medical Mutual Insurance Plan Will Cover?

Medical Mutual bases their determination of coverage on the level of medical necessity and continued improvement. For those currently experiencing withdrawal symptoms, detoxification is usually covered, provided that the detoxification aids in the treatment of a secondary condition such as cirrhosis of the liver or hepatitis. Inpatient treatment is covered at varying lengths of 28-30, 60, or 90 days, and outpatient therapies are covered once inpatient services are no longer deemed necessary. Improvement is a condition for continued coverage.

To gauge those factors, you first need a baseline. A general care physician within the Medical Mutual network will assess you to see if you fulfill the requirement for an Alcohol Use Disorder and then refer you to a specialist. The specialist will be able to determine the severity of your addiction and work with the insurance company to develop an insurance plan that suits your needs.

How Much Does Alcohol Treatment With Medical Mutual Cost?

As long as medical necessity has been established, Medical Mutual offers fairly decent coverage for treatment of Alcohol Use Disorders. For an in-network care facility, coverage can go up to 80 percent of the cost, leaving only a 20 percent co-pay. But, be advised that when dealing with a treatment center outside of the medical mutual network, coverage will drop significantly to 60-70 percent.

Keep in mind that these numbers are not necessarily indicative of the coverage provided by your insurance plan and that costs can vary between treatment centers. The best way to find out what the cost will be for you is to read through your individual policy.

Learn More About Your Recovery Options with Medical Mutual

Call To ActionFor assistance determining which services you are entitled to through your insurance policy, reach out to today for help finding your path toward recovery.

Get 24/7 help now
All calls free and confidential.
Who Answers?

For Immediate Treatment Help Call:
(888) 645-0551